News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Change album name

Started by tbdrivervinyl, December 22, 2020, 09:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbdrivervinyl

I recorded my Woodstock album, 3 records, 6 sides. To look up the track listing I had to change the artist/performer to the catalog # (SD3-500) so that discogs could find the track listings which I imported.  I have split all the tracks successfully and performed the audio cleanup on all 6 sides. I realized that the folder name in my collection is the catalog number, SD3-500.  I selected "Edit album details and artwork"  to change the name from SD3-500 to "Woodstock various artists" but, I cancelled when the response came back with "would you like to delete the saved tracks associated with this album so they can be retagged, renamed and moved to the correct folder ?"  I want to make sure that I don't loose my recorded files. Will that process keeps my recorded files under the new name ?

Thank you very much

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

Yes it will.  It's your saved tracks that it offers to delete, but you're going to want to save those again anyway so that's OK.

tbdrivervinyl

Paul,
I performed the changes and it worked perfectly. Thank you very much !

Also, I want to thank you for always responding so quickly and your advice always works. Please send my appreciation to all of AlpineSoft for such an awesome software.

Merry Christmas to you and your family and stay safe and healthy.

Terry Driver