News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Switching album sides

Started by OGH, September 05, 2020, 08:59:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OGH

Hi, I am new to Vinyl Studio (great program!), and have a question.
I import dff files of album sides. Sometimes, what I think is side 1 is actually side 2, and vice versa.
When I split tracks, with the sides in the wrong order, VS gets confused, of course.
How do I switch so side 1 becomes 2, and side 2 becomes 1?
Sorry if this has been resolved before...but I have not found the way to do it.
Oystein

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

You can just drag them around in the list of album sides in either the Record or Split Tracks window.  It's a little fiddly (because the list is so small), but it can be done.

tekhedd

Sorry to bump a necro post, but actually no I'm not, I feel like this should be pinned in a "new users FAQ".  :)

I've recorded album sides wrong about a dozen times so far this year, and this thread was the only way I was able to figure this out! I've been renaming the tracks and then reimporting them, which works fine but is totally a chore as well.

"Drag sides to reorder" is so very, very much easier, and probably took a lot of work to implement, so I feel like it should be featured. "Things I wish I knew before I digitized my first 300 albums with VinylStudio" or something... It's probably in a video but you can't search those. (and I wouldn't want to if I could LOL)

No problem with the bump, but we've got quite a few posts pinned already.

Frank Schabel

I have a variation this problem which I brought on by just being lazy. I have a 5 album set of recordings (Artie Shaw) and the sides are set for playing one an automatic record changer, 1-10,2-9,3-8 etc. I was recording the sides out of numerical order 1,10,2 9 etc but labeling the recordings with the correct side names. when all done will the sides line up in the correct order in the split tracks window? When you have only recorded a few sides the songs are lined up in the order recorded on the waveform and not by the side order. Will this correct when all the sides are recorded?

Hi,

If you drag all the sides into the correct order then everything should work out OK.  Postpone track splitting until you have done this.