News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Cleanup Audio tab is slow

Started by smauster, March 04, 2020, 06:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smauster

Been using this awesome program for a while now, but the thing that keeps kinda annoying me is that the Cleanup Audio tab is really slow. For example when I zoom in using either the buttons on screen or the mouse wheel it takes a few seconds per scroll, unlike scroll-zooming in the Split Tracks tab where everything is super smooth. Is there a way/setting to fix this? btw I'm using the latest  pro version 11.0.7

Cheers!

Smauster

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

How powerful is your computer?  This is not normally a problem.

Also, what version of VinylStudio do you have?  You can check in the About box (Menu -> Help -> About VinylStudio or Menu -> VinylStudio -> About VinylStudio on the Mac).

smauster

Hi Paul, thanks for the quick reply! My PC is an Intel i7-4820K with 16GB RAM and a GeForce RTX 2080 videocard. It's a fast and powerful enough machine. I just found out that when I display the program full screen I get this lag I'm talking about, but when I use the program as non full screen, the Cleanup Audio tab works normal and is responsive! As mentioned above, the version I use is the latest pro version 11.0.7.

Kind Regards,

Smauster

P.S. Not sure if it's worth mentioning, but the computer screen I use is a 4K one. Not sure if that can cause of the lag when using the software full screen.

OK, thanks.  I can see a similar problem here, we will investigate.

smauster

You're welcome! Hopefully it's an easy fix for you guys :) Looking forward to the/an update.

davelr

Just an FYI, I recently noticed this behavior as well, really slow screen refreshes and this was on a new machine much more powerful than my older system where refreshes were quite quick. This was using 11.0.7

OK, thanks.  I think MS have changed something in recent versions of Windows 10, we are looking into it.

davelr

You're welcome. Please let me know if there's any information I can provide that would be helpful.

davelr

Was just curious if you'd been able to find out anything about this?

Hi,

Yes, we have looked at this and have discovered that a particular Windows drawing call has become inexplicably slow in recent versions of Windows 10 for some reason.  Fortunately, we can work around it and will do so in the next version, due out soon.

davelr

davelr

Hi Paul, just thought I'd check to see if anything had transpired on this. Thanks

Hi,

It's fixed locally here and will be released soon.