News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Recording time not correct

Started by sliderhs, May 14, 2019, 09:02:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sliderhs

I've been using Vinyl Studio for years without problems.  I archive my vinyl to digital files.

My last two records have not registered the recording times correctly.  Each vinyl side is 18+ minutes long but Vinyl Studio is only showing the file as being 4m 40s long. This throws tracklisting out the window.  A track of 2.30 shows as 30s if I try to manually split tracks.   

As a test I recorded a 1m segment.  That showed as being a 15s file.  I monitored the recorded to make sure the time elapsed and file size was being recorded, 

What I need is some way to have Vinyl Studio correctly document the recording times and file size.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Strange, we know of no such problem.  A few questions:

1.  If you play the recording via the 'Play Recording' button in the Record window, does it play at the correct speed?

2.  Is the entire recording present, if you play it to the end?

3.  What recording hardware do you have please?

Thanks.

sliderhs

It plays at an accelerated speed.  It plays back much faster to match the displayed time for the file.

The entire recording is present.

ADC is Schiit Audio Jil.  It displays correctly in Recording Controls.

The problem seems to be in file storage.  It does not display with the correct time in the track splitting screen.  A total LP displays with all tracks total time of 9m.  It's as if the time measure in the track splitting screen needs to be recalibrated. 

Hi,

Can you send me a short (~15 sec) recording please?  You can email it to:

p DOT sanders AT alpinesoft DOT co DOT uk

Please tell me also the sample rate you are recording at, thanks.

sliderhs

Quote from: Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft) on May 15, 2019, 05:21:29 PM
Hi,

Can you send me a short (~15 sec) recording please?  You can email it to:

p DOT sanders AT alpinesoft DOT co DOT uk

Please tell me also the sample rate you are recording at, thanks.

Fortunately (or unfortunately) the app is working fine today.  That happened the first time I had this problem.  It worked when I re-recorded the album.  Looks like it is an intermitent software problem depending on how the laptop loads the files.  I record at 24/192.  I'll send you a file next time it plays up. 

sliderhs

I spoke too soon.  Vinyl Studio froze while recording the next album.  It was recording but the signal level had frozen.  I wasn't taking any chances.  The app had stopped responding.  I closed it and restarted the computer.  It started working again and I finished recording.

I will transfer Vinyl Studio to my best laptop and use that for recording.  Just in case it is a computer hardware issue.  The computer currently being used has some hardware issues.

If I continue to have problems then I know it is not computer related.   

sliderhs

Yes, the problem is a hardware issue.  I have three laptops.  One is too slow to process Vinyl Studio.  The one I used to replace that has some hardware problems after a power surge. 

No problems with the third laptop.  I think the problem relates to a faulty USB or power supply of the faulty laptop. 

OK, thanks for the update.  At least you are up and running now.