News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Deleting files from the HD doesn't work anymore (beta 7.5)

Started by dantoon, July 04, 2010, 06:34:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dantoon

Hi all,

this is a new issue since using the beta 7.5 Version: When I delete the recorded files they disappear from the list in Vinyl-Studio but still remains on the harddrive... That means I have to delete them manually form the HD - is this a bug  or a new delete-policy of the program?

Thanks a lot for answers, Diego

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

It sounds like a bug - I will check.  Are you deleting via 'Remove File' in the Cleanup Audio window or via 'Remove Recordings'?  They do slightly different things.  Also, did you record these files within VinylStudio or did you import existing files from elsewhere?

Many thanks,

Regards,

Paul Sanders.

dantoon

Thanks for checking!

I mean in the "Save Tracks" Window the option "Delete Selected Albums" in the "More-Dropdown Menu". In the Version before the Beta 7.5 I often deleted albums successfully by doing so (in the next window I choose to delete the albums and the art work but not the saved tracks). Yes, all the files in VinylStudio are recordings made with VinylStudio (nothing is imported).

Ragards, Diego

OK, I think I know what is going on here.  When you delete an album, VinylStudio displays a list of the associated recordings.  If you want to delete them, you have to:

1.  Click 'Select All'.

2.  Click 'Remove Selected Recordings'.

Then the files should go away.  This is a little different to how it used to be.  The change was made because people asked for a way to delete specific recordings rather then (as it was before) having to delete all or none of them.

HTH.

dantoon

I don't understand - VinylStudio didn't ask me that today; maybe because I selceted 5 Albums and deleted them all together? It just ask if I'm sure that I want to delete the recordings, because it couldn't be undone... I'll try tomorrow again...!

Thanks and I will give a hint if it works tomorrow!

Diego

Ah, sorry, I didn't read your previous post properly.  And you're right, it fails to delete the files.  We will attend to it in the next release.  In the meantime, if you delete albums individually (from the Split Tracks window, say, via the Album menu) VinylStudio will delete the files as it should, assuming you follow the advice in my previous post.

Regards,

Paul Sanders

dantoon

OK! Thanks a lot for the great support!

Regards, Diego

Btw: The new Normalisation-Scale is a very useful improvement (for my taste -1db Normalisation is perfect).

Quote from: dantoon on July 05, 2010, 12:22:43 PMBtw: The new Normalisation-Scale is a very useful improvement (for my taste -1db Normalisation is perfect).

Yes I think you're right, it equates most closely to commercial CDs.  We might change the default.