News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Using a PP3 with an imac

Started by pgarych, July 28, 2009, 07:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pgarych

I am attempting to digitize vinyl using  the NAD PP3 with an imac and Audacity.  I understand you do not have a mac application. I am hearing quite a lot of noise interference, particularly a high pitched tone, during the recording process.  Is this because the PP3 is incompatible with Audacity? Do you have a mac version in development?  Do you know of an application I can use successfully with my imac?

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

The high-pitched whine might be a problem with the PP-3 itself.  Some early models were known to suffer from this problem.  I suggest you contact your NAD dealer and request a replacement.

Yes we have a Mac version in development, and no I don't really know of a viable alternative.  Golden Records have something but we do not hear good things about their software.

We hope to have something to offer on the Mac later this year.  If you would like to email me through the AlpineSoft website (www.alpinesoft.co.uk) I will add your name to the list of interested parties.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

To anyone monitoring or reading this thread:  We now have a version of VinylStudio that runs on the Mac.  If you are interested in this, please visit http://www.alpinesoft.co.uk