News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

distortion on recorded CD

Started by jjon66, July 22, 2009, 03:45:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjon66

Hi

Here is my delema.  When I play vinyl through my system every thing is a'ok.  Nice and clear.  My question is if my recording levels are too high will I hear distortion on the upper end such as in higher trumpet feq? I put the disk in another player and have the same issue so I know its not my system.   Would that be considered clipping?  The Low and mids are fine its just those upper highs on albums such as Herbie Hancock's Fat Albert.

Thanks in advance

Jon

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

Well, yes, if it's over-recorded it will clip, and if the clipping is severe enough you will hear it on the final CD.  You can use the waveform display in VinylStudio's Cleanup Audio screen to see if there's any clipping going on.  Find a loud bit, zoom in, and examine the waveform for flat tops.

But why are your recordings over-recorded?  Are you using a USB device with no level control?  If so, make sure you are using VinylStudio V6.20.  We had a bug in this area on older versions.

HTH.