News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Identical track names

Started by Gary, July 11, 2009, 10:43:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

If I copy a list if tracks of a recording it will not accept tracks with the same name. E.G. a concerto from Handel has two tracks named allegro it accepts only the first one.
Gary

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Noted, thank you.  We'll put it in on the to-do list and take a look at it when we have time.

Follow up: actually, there is a slightly sneaky way to work around this: add one or more non-breaking spaces to the end of the duplicate track name (ordinary spaces won't do it).  To add a non-breaking space, hold down the Alt key and type 0160 on the numeric keypad.  Of course, life can get a bit confusiong when you start typing in things you can't see...

Gary

Hi Paul,
it doesn't work on my Labtop-keyboard (Swiss-German) without a nummerc keypad I get a "bing" when I try to type it. If I use Ctrl Alt 0106 or Alt Gr 0106 it inserts: ¦¬. So for the time being I just call it: 2. Allegro.
Regards
Gary

Oh well, it was worth a shot.  It show up as an underline in the 'CD Text' stored on audio CDs anyhow.

I have seen things like Allegro II on my LP's.

henrylaw

Quote from: Gary on July 12, 2009, 08:46:23 AM
it doesn't work on my Labtop-keyboard (Swiss-German) without a nummerc keypad I get a "bing" when I try to type it. If I use Ctrl Alt 0106 or Alt Gr 0106 it inserts: ¦¬. So for the time being I just call it: 2. Allegro.

On my laptop the "numeric keypad" is on a block of the letter keys (M=0, J=1, K=2, L=3 and so on) and you have to put the keyboard into a special "Numeric lock" mode (requiring a function key on my laptop) before you can use them for Alt-nnnn combinations.  The numbers along the top of the keyboard don't work in Alt sequences.  Maybe yours is something similar?

I am using a desktop machine, so the problem doesn't arise.  Can you get it to work if you press Num Lock?  Although I would favour Allegro II (or whatever) anyway I think.  At least it is obvious what is going on then.