News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Pre-Echo and Post-Echo

Started by ArtyM18, October 05, 2018, 04:52:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArtyM18

Hello Paul.
To remove Pre-Echo (and to a lesser extent Post-Echo, if a track ends abruptly and loudly), I highlight (in yellow) the 1.8 seconds, (the time for one revolution, 60 seconds divided by 33.33333 rpm) in which the Pre-Echo of the track begins.
At the moment, I have to write down, on paper, the Name of the Track, and also the Selection times for the area I've highlighted.
These Selection times are on a yellow background at the bottom, left-half of the screen.

I then use the "Cleanup Audio"... "Adjust Filter Settings"... "Graphic Equaliser" and "Add Filter"
I then have to look at my piece of paper for the Track name and using the mouse, click and drag the yellow selection area to be the times I noted earlier on the paper.
When I'm happy with these times, I turn both left and right pre-amp slider settings to -12dB.
I then press the "Close" button and all is done... Pre-Echo has gone.
=====================
What I would like to miss out is the writing down of the yellow selection details, because when I "Add Filter" I have to select a whole track, which is not what I want.
Would it be possible to have, on the "Add Filter" drop-down list of tracks, preferable at the top of that list, an additional choice: "Selection".
=====================
I can live with the way I'm doing it at the moment, but if you have an alternative solution, that would be great.
Thanks, Paul.
Keep up your good work.
Kind Regards
Roy

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

You don't have to filter an entire track - you can filter any arbitrary selection.  Just drag out a selection and click 'Add Filter'.  Does that give you what you want?

ArtyM18

Hi Paul,
Sadly, that doesn't give me what I want, as the "Add Filter" asks which entire track I'm interested in, and then I have to remember the track name plus the timings for that specific part of the track... as I say, I have to write these details down at the moment... I'm wanting to pre-select the area first, before going into "Add Filter".
=======================
UPDATE... I was under the impression that I HAD to select a complete track... but this isn't true, is it? So I can IGNORE the track listing presented to me, and just click and drag that specific section that I wish to filter, and then click on OK.
I've attached a screen grab, as I suspect there are some words missing from the "Add Filter" box.
Anyway, brilliant, thanks for your help, Paul.
Regards
Roy

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

That's correct, yo don't *have* to select a tracks from that box and there are indeed some words missing, thank you.  We will fix that (they got chopped off).