News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

problem after windows 10 install

Started by Frank Schabel, April 17, 2018, 05:28:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank Schabel

I solved my problem but just wanted to warn anyone using VinylStudio who upgrades their machine to windows 10 and has a SoundBlaster audio card to expect trouble. When I upgraded to Windows 10 I had a few problems with old programs but sound appeared to be working ok so didn't anticipate sound card driver problems. When I recorded an album  with VinylStudio yesterday it seemed to do as usual but when I began to play back tracks the sound was garbled and distorted. spent quite a while checking cables and connections and found nothing and other programs played music without a problem. VinylStudio played previously recorded albums fine. The upgrade app for my SoundBlasterZ card was acting funny saying there were upgrades but it couldn't install them. So i deleted all Creative programs and reinstalled. Testing showed I still had the same problem. I don't know why I did but I checked the SoundBlaster control panel in the Pro studio Mixer the recording settings had microphone ,digital in and what you hear all turned on. I turned off the digital in and the what you hear and set the microphone input (multi functional input) to line-in. Problem solved. How Windows 10 install messed this up I have no idea.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

OK, thanks for posting.  I'm sure others will find that useful.