News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Bug?

Started by dudaah, March 22, 2009, 04:03:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dudaah

Hi,

Here's a strange bug I noticed but I am not sure if it relates to your software or the hardware usb riaa tool I use when ripping the vinyls.

This problem relates to the skype messenger software. As soon as I open skype, the selected source in your application jumps from line to microphone and the recording stops? Any idea why this is happening?

I love Vinyl Studio and it saves me a lot of time ripping those vinyl records but this is very annoying for sure.

Best,

Patrik

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Skype is switching the input line when it starts up.  Try unchecking 'Let Skype adjust my audio settings' in Skype's Audio Settings dialog (Tools - Options - Audio Settings).

What audio input device do you want Skype to use?  It sounds like you might have told it to use your USB RIAA device (is that a phono preamp?).  Things will work out best if Skype and VinylStudio are configured to use different audio input devices.

dudaah

Thanks for the help. I will try this and hopefully I won't have this problem anymore.