News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Feature Request: Volume Envelope on timeline

Started by westrock2000, January 12, 2024, 11:06:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westrock2000

Would it be possible to add the ability to edit the volume of the "side" by editing points on a line across the length of the side?

This is really the only major feature I'm missing from Vinyl Studio. What I normally do is export the _corrected version. Then open in Reaper64 as seen below and put silence at the begining and end and inbetween the tracks. I then have a profile in Reaper that exports the file as _corrected_reaper and I restart Viny Studio and it automatically picks up the _corrected_reaper file as the new active side...which I really really appreciate that it does that!  8)

I realize that adding such a feature might be a pretty big overhaul to the way the display works. But I thought I would take my chances...maybe a "someday" feature. It doesn't have to adjust the visual of the wavelength in realtime like Reaper does. Just having the effect in the audio in realtime would be satisfactory.

And if it's too much to overlay a volume line over the waveform, a smaller seperate window would also work.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

Thanks for this.  Yes, that would be a nice feature, we will think it over.

Meanwhile, there *is* a way to adjust the volume on a particular section of music, but it's a bit clunky.  More details on request.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

OK, well, what you do is:

1.  Go to the Cleanup Audio tab.

2.  Open the Filter Settings window.

3.  Click 'Advanced' if necessary, to open the 'Add Filters' section

4.  Add a filter set to cover the range of audio that you want to adjust.

5.  With that filter set selected, adjust the preamp sliders to suit

Told you it was clunky!  We can do better, I'll table it for consideration.

westrock2000

Quote from: Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft) on March 08, 2024, 05:21:27 PMOK, well, what you do is:

1.  Go to the Cleanup Audio tab.

2.  Open the Filter Settings window.

3.  Click 'Advanced' if necessary, to open the 'Add Filters' section

4.  Add a filter set to cover the range of audio that you want to adjust.

5.  With that filter set selected, adjust the preamp sliders to suit

Told you it was clunky!  We can do better, I'll table it for consideration.

I started using this method to clean up the beginning, end and side flip areas. It does work very well once you figure out the sequence the buttons need to be pushed.