News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Sound Output Problem

Started by Dadamson, May 14, 2022, 11:50:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dadamson

I had not used the software for a few weeks, but all was working well at that point. Today, I decided to record an album, but discovered that I could only get sound from Vinyl Studio in the "check level" mode. Once I closed that and pressed the "record" button the computer speakers went quiet. All my connections remain unchanged. I wonder if the latest Windows 10 update that loaded onto my computer has caused this problem. I did do a "restart" but that didn't help.
I am using Audio Technica turntable with a usb connection. The speakers are plugged into the green port.
The input device shows Line on USB Audio Codec. I have also gone into the Check Playback Device and highlighted all that showed, but have stayed with default playback device (displaying "currently Speakers on Realtek High Definition Audio.
What has suddenly gone wrong?
Thanks,
Dave

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

What do you hear when you start recording please?  VinylStudio does indeed stop monitoring when you close the Check Level window - that behaviour is by design- but when you start recording then it starts again.

Dadamson

Thanks Paul - and apologies.

I had it in my mind that I could hear the playback when pressing the "record" button. Of course, you point out that I have to be actually recording to hear the playback.
It's obviously been a lot longer than I thought when I last did a recording.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

No worries, onward and upward :)