News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Saving tracks in one flac+cue

Started by Old Zorki II, April 19, 2022, 03:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Zorki II

Sorry, newbie with VS Pro and love it. Saved several ripped records in 192/24 WAV, little cleaning and normalizing, saving in separate flacs .. sounds perfect!
However saving them in single flac with cue sheet will be preferable for some records and some of my renderers. I know I can export cue sheet - but how can export a record side in a single FLAC file?

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

Hmmm.  As the saying goes, if I wanted to get to there, I wouldn't start from here.  I would have recorded to FLAC in the first place as there is essentially zero cost to this.  You don't lose any quality and you also save some disk space.  But there is a way.

As you have VinylStudio Pro, there is an option in the Batch window to convert the format of (an arbitrary selection of) your recorded files, and you can use this to generate FLAC files directly from, and effectively identical to, your existing WAV files.  You'll find it under the 'More' button.

You can also, if you wish, tell VinylStudio to delete the original WAV files when the conversion process completes, which is probably what you want here.  Then generate your cue sheets again (again, VinylStudio can generate them all at once), so that they refer to the newly converted FLAC files, and not the original, now missing in action, WAV files.

And that should be that.  Please let me know of any problems.

Old Zorki II

Thank you, will do! I do not record on PC (I use Sugarcube SC-1 mini (non-recording device) as ADC and pop-click removal, then (via USB->Coax convertor) record digital stream to SDXC card in 192/24 format on Tascam DR-100mkII. Sounds complex, but in reality very easy, and ADC in SC-1 is simply great. WAV is the only lossless option there. But conversion will work just fine, did not think about it, stupid me.
Thank you again for such an amazing software!

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

OK, best of luck.  We're toying with the idea of offering to convert files to a different format as they are imported, but we're not there yet.