News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Collectorz.com

Started by Jabod, March 08, 2022, 11:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jabod

Although the software is designed to check Discogs for album information, and this works well, is there any way that Vinyl Studio could look at the database for my own collection stored on my PC?

I use a very good piece of software called Music Collector from Collectorz.com (https://www.collectorz.com/music) and that has just about everything I need to add to the conversion process and has the benefit of being local. There's too much to list here but I have title, artist, genre, tracks, times, cover art (that's ALL cover art), genre, label, catalogue number, date of release, date of purchase, and much, much more.

This is not slating discogs, after all I have an account there, but when I discovered that anyone and anybody can change information about an album , regardless of accuracy (this happened to an album that I set up there), I stopped relying on it.

I have no idea how much work that this would entail or even if Collectorz would agree to collaborate - although they're an extremely helpful group of people - but at least any possible inaccuracies would be down to myself plus it would have the advantage of being quicker as just about all information would be instantly available with no other work needed.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

OK, I'll talk to them, see if they're interested.  Taking this on would only be sensible if they are.

Jabod

Thanks Paul, and I hope that they do. Would be a big plus for yourself and for them.

Collecterz are very reactive to requests, upgrades and the like if they see a benefit or enough people ask for something.
If anyone needs software for their music collection (all formats, not just vinyl) it is really worth the relatively small investment. I have absolutely no association with the company other than being a user for around 5 years.