News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Now Discogs seems completely unavailable

Started by rom661, August 28, 2021, 03:55:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rom661

For some time now, numerous months, Vinyl Studio has been unable to access cover art from Discogs.  Music Brainz works but the content is extremely small and virtually worthless for my music.  I just finished ripping the Beethoven Piano Concertos and now I'm getting a message indicating that the program can't access Discogs at all.  If this is truly the case, you can't even get tracks or metadata, I may reluctantly have to move on to another application.  I'm visually impaired and learning a new program is daunting but the album art was a pain to do manually.  This goes beyond that.  I hope I'm being overly pessimistic but the other has been going on for months. Any comment from Vinyl Studio would be welcome. 

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

We have just released a fix for this.  You can get it here:

https://www.alpinesoft.co.uk/VinylStudio/download.aspx

If you purchased from the App Store, you may have to wait a few days for Apple's review process to complete before an update appears there.  Alternatively, you can download from the above link.

rom661

I've purchased 3 copies, all direct so shouldn't be difficult.  Thanks.