News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Enhancement Request: FLAC + Embedded Artwork and CUESHEET export

Started by whitenoise, March 31, 2021, 05:44:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitenoise

First off - what a wonderful find this kit is. Priceless, and fast. Correction algorithms are astoundingly efficient (I've used tools by Magix and others over the years, nothing compares).

Now, onto my question: I use a vinyl-to-digital flow that I don't believe is directly covered in VinylStudio - the final format of my encoding efforts is FLAC, with embedded artwork/album details and CUESHEET, as my playback environment supports such an image, and it's the best way of preserving an album for eventual re-splitting (tools like AIMP's converter do it in a flash).

It would be great to be able to export such a combination in one operation; I currently export the cuesheet and save a copy of the corrected recording to an external FLAC file and combine all through AIMP's Tag Editor.

Thanks,
jeff

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

Yes, there's no way of doing that in a single operation.  Why do you need to save separate files for each track AND a CUE sheet?  The CUE sheet holds track breaks (and names) for the recording as a whole.

whitenoise

Thank you for answering, Paul.

I think I've been a little unclear - indeed, the target is a single FLAC + CUESHEET playable archive of the entire vinyl record.

In some cases (DJ singles), software playback kits (such as Traktor DJ, which I use) don't handle FLAC archives, so the I use the FLAC file for safekeeping/storage and split the file using the cuesheet to gain individual FLAC tracks than can be played.

So my real question was - could exporting the resulting VinylStudio project into FLAC + cuesheet be eventually possible?

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

If you record to FLAC then no export is needed - just generate the CUE sheet.  VinylStudio can do this for several albums at a time in the Batch window.