News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Suggestion: Declicking before and between track breaks

Started by Ronnick, September 02, 2020, 12:46:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronnick

I noticed when the declick scan is run it declicks the area before and between the track breaks. This part is fine, however, the log is clicks to the right should somehow flag those areas which are not part of the actual track to be flagged as such. Possibly a different colour or a omitting them from showing up. Just makes it quicker to clean up or adjust the naked clicks. Might be more work than it

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

We do shade out the dead air between tracks in the waveform display (when track breaks are being shown).  My own view is that this is sufficient.

Ronnick

Agreed. Was just an observation as I go over some of the click log to determine the validity of the process. On a side note, did Nine Inch Nails - Pretty Hate Machine today. Lots of transients and distortion in this album and I would like to report that the declick scan performed better than both Brian Davies ClickRepair and iZotope RX 7 declick module. Even at their lowest settings, they both falsely detect drum transients and purposeful distortion. This album is a torture test for any declick software. Great job with the algorithm.

Lewis

Quote from: Ronnick on September 02, 2020, 09:57:53 PM
Agreed. Was just an observation as I go over some of the click log to determine the validity of the process. On a side note, did Nine Inch Nails - Pretty Hate Machine today. Lots of transients and distortion in this album and I would like to report that the declick scan performed better than both Brian Davies ClickRepair and iZotope RX 7 declick module. Even at their lowest settings, they both falsely detect drum transients and purposeful distortion. This album is a torture test for any declick software. Great job with the algorithm.
Hi. This piece of Trent's art is awesome. IMVHO, The Downward Spiral (1994) album is more distorted in the way you put it in terms of PHM. I digitized my 2014 reissue.