News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

ID3 tags not showing on iPhone music library, but do in iTunes and when playing

Started by SgtRock, October 08, 2019, 09:50:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SgtRock

I have been trying out VinylStudio on my Macbook for 2 albums before deciding whether or not to purchase. It's a great piece of software. The issue I have been having is that once I have recorded and saved an album to MP3, when adding to itunes it shows all the information ok in that library but when I sync the album to my iphone 8 everything is listed as "My Albums" on it. When playing the tracks on the phone the song info shows ok. I am sure the tags are there as on my Squeezebox system they all display correctly. My phone is now running iOS 13.1.2, but it was doing it on 12.4.x as well. Anyone else had this issue or know how to fix it? Link to a screen shot from my phone https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=XZ8KtLkZJ6wAdF1UwEzVXhLx8PvsmhieNLUk . TIA.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

Please uncheck "Include grouping tag in saved tracks" in VinylStudio's Preferences dialog.  Then save your tracks again and then resync your phone.

SgtRock

Many thanks Paul. I had worked this out following a google search and some digging in the settings. Maybe I should have tried that first. I couldn't work out how to remove the post before it had been moderated  :-\ . VS is looking perfect for what I need now.

SimonB1964

Thanks, I just recorded and Vinyl album last week and had the same issue with my Iphone!
I will do that tonight and re sync and hopefully all is good.
been using this product for a few years and it really is a great product!!