News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Keyboard keys/shortcuts for fast fwd and backwards

Started by NeilP, May 13, 2010, 09:34:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeilP

I was just sitting on the sofa listening to an album that I had just recorded and de-clicked, with the wireless keyboard on my lap, siting in the 'ideal position' between the speakers.  Stopping and starting and marking suspect clicks with the Space and the M keys is fine, but I could not find any way to back up or fast forward.

The number 1 key seemed to jump back a second or so, but I could not find any fast back/forward capabiility...

Am I missing something, or are these keys not there?

The Mac keyboard does have keys already marked up with these functions, may be I could somehow use those?
Neil

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

It does?  Mine doesn't.  What are they, multi-media keys?  The '1' key plays from 1/2 sec before to 1/2 sec after the current cursor position.  It's for listening to a detailed defect to try and pin it down.

Under Windows, the arrow keys scroll the waveform display left and right, so you could hit space to stop playback, left-arrow a few times and then space to start again, but we've not yet got around to getting the arrow keys working on the Mac.  As I often say at times like this, it's on a list somewhere, but I'm currently focussed on supporting AIFF, Flac etc.  I do see the value of it though; also the trackball mouse thing you mentioned.

NeilP

Yes, the Mac does, both keyboards, now I check, the full sized wired one with the keypad and the smaller wireless one.
Top row, the F7 F8 F9 keys.

On the Mac keyboards I have, the Fn options are secondary and the top row all perform other primary functions

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

OK, I will look into this when I have time.  I see my MacBook has these keys too.