News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Composer field blank in playlist

Started by Jerrysnb, November 18, 2018, 11:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerrysnb

It looks like VS doesn't write the composer (album or track) to a playlist.
Jerry S

Jerrysnb

I'm still horsing around with ways of getting my album and track information into my label creator program. My head is definitely twisted around, but I think I can be more specific: putting it most concisely, when I create a playlist for Windows Media Player the composer field is blank.

I have discovered that if I

• Save my tracks
  • Import the folder into iTunes
  • Add the resulting album to a playlist (in iTunes)
  • Export the playlist as a txt file

The resulting text file has all of the information in it. Fortunately for me, my label creator will cheerfully inhale that text file and populate all of the fields it needs.

By the way, that text file can be opened and manipulated in spreadsheet programs quite nicely. I had asked about doing bulk edits on track listings some time ago. VS can import and export cue sheets, but the format is...lacking. If VS could export and import text files, that would be nice.

I attached a sample. This is what a playlist looks like when it's been exported by iTunes. Since all of the information came originally from VS, VS ought to be able to export (and import) files in that format. It shouldn't even be that hard. It's just a tab-delimited file.

SMOP, right?
Jerry S

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

OK, we will add support for this format to our wish list