News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

J,K,L shortcuts?

Started by ChrisS, October 06, 2018, 08:29:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisS

Hi newb here. Apologies if this has already been requested or answered.

Would it be possible to implement the 'standard' J, K, L playback keyboard shortcuts? J [Play backwards], K [Stop], L [Play] Possibly with the additional modifier of Shift for 50% speed etc?

I am a long time Audition user and muscle memory is hard to suppress! Have to say tho' that VS is superb for the specific job of digitising vinyl. Thank you!

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

OK, we'll put this on the list, although VinylStudio can't (and probably won't be able to) play audio backwards.

ChrisS

Many thanks! If 'Backwards' is not feasible, would J (or other) for Jump back one second and Shift-J for 10 seconds back be feasible?

I have now (finally!) got around to looking at this.  VinylStudio uses the spacebar to start / stop playing (it's a toggle).  Does this effectively supplant K and L from your point of view or does 'muscle memory' still mean that you find yourself pressing those keys anyway?  Thx.

-----

Update: I just discovered that K is already used for something (Delete Track Break / Delete Click Repair).  So I think that settles the argument, don't you?  I'll implement J and shift-J as per your recommendations.