News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

VinylStudio hangs during recording

Started by bpdski, August 20, 2018, 03:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bpdski

Hi, I have an issue where VinylStudio hangs during recording about half the time. While it is recording, I can hear the audio from the computer and see the level meters moving. Then it will freeze and the audio stops. I have to unplug my USB device and reboot in order to try recording again, simply killing it in task manager and/or unplugging the device is not enough to fix it. It will often hang when it's most of the way through one side, so it's pretty time consuming to re-record a side about 50% of the time.

I'm using a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10 with all the latest updates. I am using a USB device from Ion that is a simple audio input device. There were no drivers included with the device, it simply is recognized as an audio source by Windows automatically so I assume it's using a built in Windows driver.

Can someone help me with troubleshooting this problem?

Thanks,
Brian

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

This seems to be an issue with some USB devices unfortunately.  We tried reporting this to Microsoft but it never really went anywhere.

My best advice to you is to try a different USB port and / or cable.  Keep the cable short and perhaps purchase an audio grade (shielded) cable.