News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Not Valid Collection

Started by Jack Burton, August 15, 2018, 11:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Burton

Hi. I have been using Vinyl Studio for years and just upgraded to version 9.0.7.  I recorded two more albums on Sunday night (just after the upgrade).  I went to work on those two today and I get the error "C:\Vinyl\My Albums.mcf is not a valid collection".  Trying to point it to that location separately sees none of the albums either.

This is the directory I have been using for years and it is the only location showing up in my Recent Collection list.  The recordings are all done as FLAC (24 / 96) files.  When I look at the directory through Explorer all the files are there - both the older albums and the ones recorded on Sunday night.  All of the album sides are showing there as FLAC files.  Using Windows 10 on that machine.  All of the finished (split songs) are stored in a different location.

Can you help me understand what has changed and how to access all of these files through Vinyl Studio?  The only ones I have not split tracks on are the ones from Sunday.  I have not had issues working on any of the other albums previously.

Thanks.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

Please try the following:

1.  Shut down VinylStudio

2.  Copy the file you mention to file My Albums.mcf.old

3.  Copy file My Albums.mcf.bak to file My Albums.mcf

4.  Restart VinylStudio

This, hopefully, will clear the fault.

Jack Burton

Hi

Thanks for the reply and the idea.  Sorry about the delay in the reply, I was out of town for a bit.

Unfortunately it did not work.  I have just purchased a new machine and will install it on that one and try again ( I will follow the process listed for that in the forum sticky).  Opening up a copy of the file in Notepad it looks like a flat text file describing the recording and work on it.  Would it be a possibility to copy and paste the internals to a new file to see if that would work?

If there is anything else that might work please let me know.

Thanks again.

It will do no harm to try.  Or post the file here and I will try to repair it for you.

Jack Burton

Hello Paul

Thank you for the offer.  I have attempted to attach the file but it is 246 KB which is over the limit of 192 KB.  Is there another way to get this file to you?

Thanks again.

Hi,

Yes there is.  Please send it to:

p DOT sanders AT alpinesoft DOT co DOT uk

Thx