News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Echo in level check but not recording

Started by Jerrysnb, August 01, 2018, 04:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerrysnb

Maybe this belongs in the "hey, did you see that" file.

I was going along, recording side after side, when the level check started giving me an echo. If I turned off monitoring, the echo went away (as I'd expect); but I'd been using monitoring all along with no trouble.

I checked to see what happened during recording, and everything worked as expected: with the monitor on, I heard what I was recording; with monitor off, I heard nothing.

I went back and forth between the two functions (level check and record), and the problem persisted as described above. Restarting the program accomplished nothing. I couldn't see anything odd in the Windows settings. All sound devices were disabled except for the USB turntable and the speakers.

On a hunch, I ewnt back to the check level screen and dinked with the settings for the playback device. After saving my changes, everything was normal again.

I'll keep an eye on this and see if I can narrow it down.
Jerry S

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

OK, thanks, but it's probably just a matter of selecting the correct input and playback devices in VinylStudio.

Jerrysnb

Quote from: Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)OK, thanks, but it's probably just a matter of selecting the correct input and playback devices in VinylStudio.

I don't think it's that simple. I was going merrily on my way, recording side after side, and this started suddenly. I didn't make any changes to the device settings until afterwards.

I didn't try rebooting the system.
Jerry S

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

OK, noted, thanks.

These can change from underneath you sometimes though, especially when a new (audio)device is plugged in to the PC.