News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

New version 9 not transferring metadata when saving tracks to iTunes

Started by joebee53, May 01, 2018, 02:19:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joebee53

Just downloaded the new version, recorded an lp with track info and art from Discogs and then saved it to iTunes. Opened iTunes and none of the tracks had any metadata - no album art, no artist name, no album title just track number and track title and time. Please advise. Thanks.

Joe

joebee53

I recorded the tracks as AIFF files then saved as ALAC. I also tried saving as AIFF and mp3 and all the metadata transferred fine. Every other file format I tried saving as - ALAC, FLAC and AAC did not transfer the metadata.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

OK, we'll take a look, thank you.  Are you sure about FLAC?

Hello again,

We now know the cause of this and will issue an update later today.  Stupid us for adhering to the letter of the MP4 specification when Apple clearly don't.  The files play fine in VLC.

With regard to the FLAC issue, iTunes cannot handle FLAC so these files won't show up when VinylStudio tries to add them to the iTunes library.  So that's a bit of a red herring.

Anyway, thanks very much for reporting this and we'll post back here when the update has been released.  Then, when you get it, just save any affected tracks again.

This is now fixed, sorry for any hassle, new version number is 9.0.3.

VinylStudio should offer to update itself but if not, you can get it here:

http://www.alpinesoft.co.uk/VinylStudio/download_mac.aspx

Please note that this fix applies only to the Macintosh version.  The Windows version is unchanged as it does not handle AAC or Apple Lossless files (yet).