News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Exported Wav File has no track breaks?

Started by sd10wrangler, November 16, 2017, 06:52:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sd10wrangler

I have just started using VinylStudio to record my albums (approx 1800) and want to use Steinberg Wavelab to master them. When I export the WAV file it doesn't contain the track breaks I have put in. I have checked the "include corrected" box. Does this mean I have to redo the track breaks in Wavelab?

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Presumably you want to use Wavelab's audio processing and restoration tools.  So do precisely that and then reimport the resulting file back into VinylStudio.  You can then save your tracks in VinylStudio with all your processing intact.

Wavelab can operate directly on recordings made by VinylStudio.  To locate then on your hard disk, click on the topmost 'Explore' button in VinylStudio's Settings dialog (Menu -> Options -> Settings).  On the Mac, the button is titled 'View In Finder' and it's in the Preferences dialog.

Finally, you could record in Wavelab, do the processing there and then import the resulting file into VinylStudio (and then do the track splitting).  That's probably the easiest way.  What you can't do is to get Wavelab to recognise track breaks inserted by VinylStudio.  These are in an internal format which Wavelab doesn't recognise, although the next version of VinylStudio will support cue sheets which would make this easier.  We have a beta version of that available if you would like it.

sd10wrangler

Thanks for your quick response!

I think your suggestion of using Wavelab to record and then using VinylStudio to insert the track breaks and then save tracks to 24bit Flac will work just fine.
When will the cue sheet version be released?
Thanks.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

Not long now.  Just another one or two things to add.

sd10wrangler

Thanks, looking forward to it. I'm really enjoying using the program so far.