News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Another "newbie" question: Moving A Recorded LP File

Started by soundhd, October 26, 2017, 10:04:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soundhd

Ok, I have successfully recorded an LP (using the one side option), got all the tracks listed and saved.   
Now I want to move/copy the file with all it's tracks and track information to another file on my computer (into the my Bluesound music file so I can play the new file on my Bluesound system).  How do I do that? (am using a PC desktop with Windows 10)
When I double click on the file in my "collection" directory it starts playing (which I assume is normal) buy I thought I would be able to see all the tracks under the LP file artist name and title.  I did find the part in the users guide (page #39) about importing, exporting files...it says to right click on the File History List (I only have one file there) and select Save A Copy...(assumed it would then give me a way to move the file were I want it to go) well that option is not there.
I did try moving the file into MP3 Tag editor (I recorded the LP as FLAC files) and it did not show the tracks so I am pretty lost here...out of my realm so to speak.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

You are looking at your original, 'raw' recording whereas you should be looking at your saved, split-up tracks.  You can locate these from VinylStudio's Settings / Preferences dialog or by clicking on the 'Browse Folder' / 'Show in Finder' link which is displayed after you save your tracks.

To get to the Settings dialog (Windows):  Menu -> Options -> Settings

To get to the Preferences dialog (Mac): Menu -> VinylStudio -> Preferences

Or click on the gearwheel in the upper toolbar (both Windows and Mac).

soundhd

Thanks for thr reply...at first I could not find the file but after looking around it looks like when I "saved tracks" after doing the recording I think maybe I did not put a "check" in the box next to the album title....so I after I did that and saved the tracks  again the file appeared under my collection name under Music directory and it worked out fine,  was able to transfer the file into my Bluesound system so looks like I am a "happy camper".  Thanks for your help and after recording one LP I am very happy with the way the Vinyl Studio system works.  Still have quite a few things to learn with some of the features I have not used yet but so far so good.  Thanks again

Quote from: Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft) on October 27, 2017, 09:29:38 AM
Hi,

You are looking at your original, 'raw' recording whereas you should be looking at your saved, split-up tracks.  You can locate these from VinylStudio's Settings / Preferences dialog or by clicking on the 'Browse Folder' / 'Show in Finder' link which is displayed after you save your tracks.

To get to the Settings dialog (Windows):  Menu -> Options -> Settings

To get to the Preferences dialog (Mac): Menu -> VinylStudio -> Preferences

Or click on the gearwheel in the upper toolbar (both Windows and Mac).