News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Save Tracks to FLAC and getting two identical album covers

Started by GaryG, April 08, 2017, 06:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaryG

Hi Paul,
I think I'm somehow causing this due to an incorrect setting.  When I save my tracks from WAV to FLAC, I end up with two identical album covers.  One is titled Front Album Cover and the second is titled Artwork 2.  In Options>Settings I have "Save Album art in folder.jpg" unchecked.  For FLAC file options when saving tracks, Embed album art is checked and Resize if larger than 400 x 400 is also checked.  Do I have something checked that shouldn't be checked?

I found the two covers when using dBpoweramp Batch Music Converter to convert the FLAC files to ALAC in order to use them with my Sonos and Apple devices.  When checking the ALAC files with Mp3tag, I noticed two album covers for every file that had been converted.  From the dBpoweramp forum I found I could view a FLAC file in Windows File Explorer, right click on it, and select dBpoweramp's option Edit ID-tag to view embeded cover art.  When I select the Edit ID-tag option, I find the two covers.  When I look at the FLAC file with Mp3tag, I only see one cover.  At this point I don't know if I have something setup incorrectly in Vinyl Studio or if dBpoweramp or Mp3tag are having problems reading the file information.  If you feel my settings are correct, I will open issues with them.

Gary

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

FLAC files have two different ways of embedding an album cover.  Some software uses one way and some the other, so, to get the best possible coverage, we use both.  The overhead is usually minimal as the size of the album cover is a lot smaller than the size of the audio.

GaryG

Paul,
Thanks for the quick reply and on a Saturday too!  Thanks for the clarification.

Gary