News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Cannot move albums to iTunes

Started by Georgia Dawg, June 24, 2015, 09:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Georgia Dawg

Hello all, I'm new to the forum and have been using VS for several months. While I find it very easy to digitize my LPs, I cannot figure out how to transfer the files into iTunes, which was one of the main reasons for purchasing VS. At Paul's suggestion I downloaded iTunes Watch but that doesn't help either. When I try to transfer to my ipad the program says I have to save as MP3 files first, which I've done repeatedly. I'm about ready to give up! Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

GaryG

Hi,
You haven't mentioned whether you are using Windows or Mac.  I'm on Windows and this is basically what I do to move albums to iTunes.  After I have performed Save Tracks in VS I copy the album folder to the following location:
My Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Automatically Add to iTunes

When I start iTunes, iTunes will move the albums from the Automatically Add to iTunes folder into its library.  I don't think I had to make any changes to iTunes to activate this feature.  Hopefully this works for you, and if you have a Mac, it should be similar.

Gary

Georgia Dawg

Hi Gary, thanks for the reply. I'm using Windows XP. I've tried to drag and drop into iTunes but it doesn't work. The file that you mentioned moving the music into, is that something you created?

Thanks.

GaryG

What version of iTunes are you using?  I'm using version 12.1.2.27.  I think the Automatically Add to iTunes folder started with version 10, and they changed the iTunes directory structure at that time.  If you don't know how to find your version, in iTunes click on Help and from the drop down list click on About iTunes.  It will display first and then roll off the window.

The way I added albums prior to the Automatically Add to iTunes folder was as follows:
Click on File and you will get a drop down of menu options.
Click on Add Folder to Library and a new window will open.
In this window browse to the folder for your album and select it.
From what I remember this should add the album to the iTunes library.

I hope this works for you.

Gary

Gary

Georgia Dawg

Thanks, I'll give it a shot and see what happens.