News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

upgrase

Started by dag nabbit, May 09, 2015, 02:17:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dag nabbit

i have a rule. i never upgrade software that is working perfectly. well, for whatever reason (beer) i broke that rule. i did not need the refinements that the latest version offers or the new features. yet i punched the button and now things have changed that i can't fix. like when i save a freshly ripped album, there are no longer track numbers. it drives ya daft. since all i use this particular laptop for is VS, i never botherd to set up restore points. i need to go back in time.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

VinylStudio should still be saving track numbers - we haven't changed that.  Please check the setting of the 'When saving tracks, name them as' box in VinylStudio's Settings / Preferences dialog.  If it does not contain [Track Number] anywhere then that's your problem.  The default (which you can select via the dropdown) is this:

[Album Artist] \ [Album Title] \ [Track Number] - [Track Artist] - [Track Title]     (2: Group albums by album artist)

But you may want or have been using something different, I don't know how old your previous version of VinylStudio was.  If you want to know more about how VinylStudio names your tracks and how you can configure it, click on the 'More Info' link.  It's a powerful and flexible feature, so you should invest a little time in reading about it if you want to use anything other than the preset values available via the dropdown.

It was worth upgrading VinylStudio if you use Discogs.  They made some changes at their end that broke older versions of VinylStudio.  And we now retrieve album covers from Music Brainz.