News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Option to offset track start and interval

Started by brantome, May 08, 2015, 01:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brantome

Hi, I commonly find myself having to manually move track start/end positions after recording, particularly after where I've had a few seconds run-in before the first track on a recording starts. While I realise I'll always need to tweak them manually anyway, I think it would speed up the process if I were able to offset all track start and end times by this run-in time (once I've determined it), and also to set a default inter-track duration. The only fly in the ointment I can think of is whether the downloaded track times consistently include or exclude the inter-track gaps.

Thanks
Dunlop Systemdek/ Audio Technica AT1120/ Goldring Eroica[ NAD PP4 via USB into Windows 7 Home Premium, SP1

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

VinylStudio has a way of moving all the trackbreaks by the same amount, which might go some way to giving you what you want.  To do this, hold down the Alt key (or the Option key on the Mac) and drag the leftmost trackbreak marker that you want to move.  The ones to the right of it will then move by the same amount.

I don't think setting an inter-track gap time would be all that useful.  In my experience, gaps vary in length from disk to disk.

brantome

Knew I should have read the manual, but who does, especially an old techie like me? ;)

Thanks very much, that will indeed make the task easier - I assume even if it extends across files, I can re-aligh the first track on the second side to compensate.

Thanks again for such a well thought out and easy to use piece of software - it does indeed do what it says on the tin :)
Dunlop Systemdek/ Audio Technica AT1120/ Goldring Eroica[ NAD PP4 via USB into Windows 7 Home Premium, SP1

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

Yes, it extends across files and you can (and will probably need to) adjust the start of the second side in the way you suggest.  And glad you like the software, thank you,

dwauctioneer

This was about to be my second query! Excellent news.