News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Erroroneous message: "This album has a track listing"

Started by GaryG, April 09, 2015, 03:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaryG

Paul,
I started to receive this message yesterday, and I continue to get it.  I had recorded about 7 albums where I had looked up the track listing and artwork while recording.  On the next album I was interrupted a number of times and didn't think I looked up the track listing while recording, but I'm not sure.  After recording I did lookup the track listing and received the message "This album has a track listing.  What would you like to do?"  Because I thought I might have looked up the track listing, I responded with "Replace the existing track listing entirely(including track breaks).
On the next album I recorded I didn't lookup the track listing while recording, but received the same message when I looked up the track listing after recording was completed.  I shutdown and restarted VinylStudio, recorded another album, and again received the same message after looking up the track listing.  I also rebooted the PC in case something was cached that was causing the message, but I received the message after looking up the tracks for the next album I recorded.  Is there a reset or another reply I should use to stop the message from appearing when it should not?

My workflow is to record an album, lookup the track listing and artwork, and do the same process for another album.  After I have recorded 10 - 15 albums, I go to the Split Tracks tab, set the trackbreaks, and move on to the cleanup and other steps for each album.  Do I have to go all the way to saving tracks for an album in order for this to be fixed?

Thanks,

Gary

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

We'll look into this.  You don't need to change your workflow - just ignore the message.

GaryG

Paul,
I forgot to mention that I have received the message a couple of times for valid reasons, but that was over a month ago.  In each case everything returned to normal with the next album.  If the message stops, I'll let you know.

Gary

I had another thought about this.  Please check that 'This is a single' is not checked when creating an album.  If it is, then that is probably the culprit, and you should also uncheck this box in the Edit Album Details dialog for any albums you created recently before saving your tracks.

GaryG

Paul,
I thought it was something that I caused.  Yes, "This is a single" was checked.  I probably did it while entering a release date.  I also noticed that "Mix to Mono" was also checked.  I have unchecked both boxes in the Edit Album Details dialog for all albums that were recently recorded.  I have not gone beyond setting the track breaks for any of them.  I assume the Mix to Mono doesn't occur until the tracks are saved.  If I have to record the albums again, let me know.  Thanks again for your quick response.

Gary

Hi,

No, you don't need to record again.  'Mix down to mono' is applied when your tracks are saved.