News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

(different) left channel missing - ASIO

Started by PeterGalbavy, February 17, 2015, 01:21:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterGalbavy

Not a great expert on ASIO but when I tried my Creative E5 on ASIO I got audio in the right channel only. The Left Channel/Right Channel drop downs both showed two identical options and selected either resulted in no change.

I understand there is a concept of "routing" channels in ASIO but not sure how to intervene. Suggestions?

This is all with the stock Creative drivers, not ASIO4ALL.

PS Not sure why I care to try this rather than normal mode, but I like pressing buttons :)

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

If two different channels show up with the same name (which, from your description, seems to be what's happening), then  VinylStudio will get confused.  There's not a lot you can do about this I'm afraid - it's just not supposed to happen!

You could try complaining to Creative, or perhaps posting a message on their forum (I assume they have one), but I doubt it will help.  Alternatively, ASIO4ALL might be able to handle this, although it may also get confused.

PeterGalbavy

I tried ASIO4ALL in my lunch break (the nice thing about a portable headphone DAC) and after some misunderstandings and a reboot it worked - with S/PDIF input anyway. Will try at home on vinyl later.

The nice part is that there is now no level to set, I assume the mapping will be 1:1 - but I wonder if this will do what I expect.

Thanks!

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

No it won't.  The recording level is set to whatever you set the slider to when using the Creative Windows (not ASIO) driver.  It's an annoying thing about ASIO that it doesn't offer you control over the recording level - something that Steinberg evidently forgot about,