News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

AlbumArtSmall.jpg vs. folder.jpg

Started by MikeL, December 17, 2014, 11:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeL

Folks, Was just wondering why when I download album art and then save songs in the mp3 format using VinylStudio I get both AlbumArtSmall.jpg and folder.jpg files saved to the album directory and sometimes I only get the folder.jpg file? I am not sure what these files are used for except the folder.jpg appears to provide a picture of the album when playing through Windows Media Player. Is the AlbumArtSmall.jpg file not necessary? Is there a way to get both files consistently? Thanks in advance for your help  -Mike

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

VinylStudio creates folder.jpg (for Windows Media Player) but not AlbumArtSmall.jpg.  From a brief Google around, Windows Media Player seems to create this file (although that fact is not completely clear).

MikeL

Thanks for your help. I can confirm that you are correct. Windows Media Player creates AlbumArtSmall.jpg when the album is played using that program. I never would have thought of that. Cheers.