News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Muting or converting to silence in a recording

Started by Sue293, November 09, 2014, 05:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sue293

Hi Paul
Is there a way to mute (or convert to silence) a small section of a recording ?

I find it useful as a last ditch effort to find/eliminate very small thuds that I am otherwise unable to locate by viewing the waveform. Also I prefer to have silence between tracks rather than fading, before I split the tracks.

Thanks
Sue

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

To get rid of persistent clicks, try either inserting a click repair manually or use the Patch facility.  To insert a click repair manually, position the cursor on the noise spike and press M.  Then drag the edges of the repair to encompass the click.  To use Patch, click and drag to select the area to be patched and then press P.  In either case, zoom in first.

To get silence between tracks, the best way is to manipulate the track break markers to eliminate the gaps between the tracks and then tell VinylStudio to insert a period of silence between tracks in the Settings / Preferences dialog.  To eliminate a gap between tracks:

1.  Position the red end-of-track marker at the end of track 1.

2.  Shift-click and drag the green start-of-track marker to the start of track 2.

HTH

Sue293

Thanks Paul. I have only recently started to edit my recordings. The patch facility is awesome.