News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Scan for Trackbreaks stopped working

Started by serowe, July 27, 2014, 02:46:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

serowe

Slowly digitising my vinyl collection, I had been using Scan for Trackbreaks on every album because then it didn't matter how long a lead in I had from needle drop to first note.

However, after about 90 or so albums, the scanning has 'suddenly' stopped working i.e. it performs a scan (you can see it traverse the recorded file) but doesn't mark any breaks at all.  AFAIK I haven't changed anything that would affect this (but there again...) and playing with the scan settings (increasing/decreasing/setting back to default) hasn't had any effect.  The scan doesn't even detect the change (silence) in sides.

At around the same time as this happened, I also noticed the cursor in the Split Tracks window now shows a greyed out line when I play; when I stop, the play point jumps back to the cursor - I know it wasn't doing this before. So, obviously I *have* changed something here but have no idea what.

Any advice would be appreciated - I can work around these two issues, but as they weren't evident for the first 90 odd albums, I would (obviously) like to know what I have done to change things (and, having searched through all the settings/options/menus, I can't see anything obvious that would affect the bahaviour of these two issues.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

I'm not sure what is going on with Scan - we haven't changed anything.  Try increasing the Threshold Level in the scan settings.

The second problem is easier to solve.  Select Menu -> Options -> Cursor Options and Playback Speed -> Classic Mode.  That will fix it - you must have inadvertently selected Anchor Mode at some point.