News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Re-Saving One o Two Tracks - Not the Entire Album

Started by kevtardis, May 13, 2014, 02:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevtardis

Greetings. First time poster, but I'm very happy with Vinyl Studio. Received a NAD PP4 for Christmas, and have been busy digitizing albums ever since.

Hopefully, this is an easy one, although I couldn't find it in the forums already. I recorded a 5 LP set and saved all the tracks to my PC, which took a long time. Of the 44 songs, one or two need to be further tweaked. Once I do so, how can I re-save just those tracks which were re-edited?

Thanks.

kevtardis

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

If you make changes that only affect certain tracks, VinylStudio should do this automatically as it only saves tracks which have changed when you save the album again.  What changes do you have in mind?  There is a way to force VinylStudio to save only certain tracks but it is a bit clumsy in your particular situation.

kevtardis

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly Paul.

Typically, unless I know the LP is noisy and scratchy, I don't do many edits (clicks and pops) up front other than trim the song beginnings and ends. I save the files to the PC (as FLAC), then audition them on the PC or burn them to a CD and audition them elsewhere.

When I do hear things that need correction (mostly clicks and pops), that's when I'll go back to edit the bad tracks. When I re-save the songs to the PC, all songs from the LP are re-saved. I just tried it with my 44 song 5 LP set - three songs edited, but all 44 have updated file creation dates and times, and the time it took to update the files was more in line with updating 44 files than it would be for 2 or 3 files.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

kevtardis

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

Yes, the tracks will be saved again if you de-click the album as this affects all the tracks on the album side.

To prevent VinylStudio from saving a particular tracks, uncheck 'Include in Saved Tracks' in the Edit Track Detail dialog (which you can reach from the Split Tracks window).   VinylStudio will then not save that track (ever) unless and until you recheck the box.