News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Multiple MACs and a NAS

Started by skolis, September 12, 2014, 07:11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skolis

I'm interested in getting VS to transfer several hundred LPs to digital and would like input to be sure i can do all the following:
1.  using first MAC OS X 10.6.8 to record
2.  files temporarily kept on external Seagate Drive
3.  Drive goes to another location, files are downloaded to second MAC  -  OS X 10.9.4 - Mavericks
4.  Music loaded into iTunes Library.... HOWEVER  - library is on external NAS ( there is no library on the MAC)
5.  iTunes library used to organize/ playlists/ album art/ metadata etc.
6.  Playback is via third party software..... example Audirvana - just one example, there are also others in use.

Anything about this that presents a problem?  Do I need two copies of VS for each MAC?
Any issue where the files are resident?  MAC?  NAS?  etc.

Thanks in advance to anyone who has ACTUAL experience with this and can respond.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

That should work.  When you create your collection in VinylStudio, create it on the 'mobile' external drive.    You can do this on either machine, then open the collection on the other machine (File - Open Collection) after moving the drive across.

You only need one license for this.  Make sure you close VinylStudio down before unplugging and moving the drive, and don't start it up on the other machine until the drive is connected.

skolis