News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

VinylStudio keeps on crashing during recording

Started by Simson_80, December 14, 2013, 07:43:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simson_80

I've been using VinylStudio for a couple of weeks and didn't experience any problems during this time. Several recordings could be performed. But since I updated the software to its newest version, it keeps on crashing during the recording. The screen freezes and I have to push the on/off button to restart the system. This only happens during recording, not when I am just using other features of the program. My computer system is also otherwise rather stable (computer crashes like this rarely ever happen when I'm working with othe programs). These crashes sometimes happens after a couple of minutes or even seconds after starting the recording, sometimes later. But most of the time I am not able to record a complete side of a LP due to this problem. No other changes to my hardware or software were made in the last time.
I am using a IBM Thinkpad 60p with Windows 7 and a Creative Sounblaster USB HD Xfi as an external Soundcard and Phono-PreAmp.
I did already de-install and re-install VinylStudio and the drivers of my soundcard (which are also updated to its newest version available).
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks very much for your help! Still have lots of vinyls to digitalize ;-)

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

Can you uncheck 'Use WASAPI for recording' in VinylStudio's Check Level dialog please?  We sometimes have problems with this.

If you do this, you should also change Windows' shared recording format to match the setting in VinylStudio.  To do this:

1.  In VinylStudio's Check Level dialog, click on 'Recording Controls'

2.  When the window opens, select your recording device in the list.

3.  Click Properties.

4.  Click on the Advanced tab.

5.  Select the format you want to use from the list.

6.  Click Apply.

Sorry about the hassle.  We will look into this problem.

Simson_80

This seems to have solved the problems. No more crashes! Thanks a lot!

I think there is some confusion here.  The original post was about VinylStudio for Windows (resolved) but I think you are having problems on the Mac.  We are working on the latter problem (which is only affecting a small minority of users), but don't have an immediate solution.

Hello again,

I believe we now have a fix for this problem.  Would you like to try it?  You can get it from here:

http://www.alpinesoft.co.uk/VinylStudio/VinylStudio-Installer-V8_63B1.dmg

If you do try this, please let me know how it goes.  Thanks,