News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

terrible noise after 3 minutes with trial

Started by marcel, December 28, 2013, 09:37:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marcel

Hi,

there is a crackling/clipping noise on the recordings starting after appr. 2-3 minutes. Same on every new recorded file.
Settings: WAV, 44.1, Maya 44 USB, MacBook Pro.
trial limitation???

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

We are currently investigating this problem.  Can you tell me please if it still happens with 'monitor recording' disabled?  Thanks.

marcel

monitoring is disabled.
Do you mean it's better with monitoring enabled and output volume set to mute?

No, that tells me what I wanted to know, thank you.  Can you send me a diagnostic log file that VinylStudio creates please?  I will provide details by email as that makes it easier to send it to me.  Thanks.

I got the log file, thank you.  We will put you back to V8.5.4 while we look into this.  You can install that from here:

http://www.alpinesoft.co.uk/VinylStudio/backups/V8_5_4/VinylStudio-Installer.dmg

Before installing this, please drag VinylStudio from your Applications folder to the Trash and then empty the Trash, otherwise the installation will fail.

marcel

Sorry, but it doesn't work.
I trashed and reinstalled version 8.5.4 incl. preferences and apple support several times. there is still this noise.

OK, thank you.  Can you record correctly with Audacity?  Maybe there's some problem with the device itself.  Audacity is a free download:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/mac

What has muddied the waters here, just to clarify, is that a couple of users have reported a similar problem with VinylStudio V8.6 (which is relatively new) which was cured by going back to V8.5.  But your situation is evidently different, sorry for the confusion.

You could also send me a sound sample if you want to pursue this.  To do this, select about 60 seconds' worth of audio in the Cleanup Audio window, then right-click (or control+click) in the waveform display and choose 'Save selection as'.  Please save in Ogg format to keep the file size down and email it to:

p DOT sanders AT alpinesoft DOT co DOT uk

Thanks,