News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

m-audio 192 sample rates

Started by haydns, November 07, 2013, 01:55:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

haydns

I have an m-audio 192 sound card installed and vinyl studio is indicating 44.1 as the highest sample rate supported by this card, This appears to be inconsistent with the published specs of the card.
Audacity shows 48 etc as being supported by this card.
????

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Indeed it does.  What operating system do you have please?

haydns

Operating system is Win 7 64bit.
However I was able to select 48 khz via the wave option menu and confirmed it did record at 48 khz.  :)

At one stage the wait for needle drop appeared to be not working as it should but began to work after de-selecting record monitoring.

I am still trying to work out my work flow for using Vinyl Studio for capture then exporting the wave file to ClickRepair and then back into Vinyl Studio for track splitting etc.
I have being using Brian Davies ClickRepair for some time with very good results and would rather continue using it.

OK, thank you.  With respect to importing and exporting files, you can either:

1.  Apply Click Repair to the recordings made by VinylStudio direct.

2.  Save a copy of the file from within VinylStudio and declick that.  This would have the advantage of preserving your original recording, should you wish to go back to it.

3.  Apply Click Repair to the original recording but save to a new file and then import that back into VinylStudio.

Whatever you decide, there is a topic entitled 'Importing and Exporting File' in the VinylStudio Help file which should assist you.  Also, give VinylStudio's declicker a chance.  It's not at all bad and, and, of course, more convenient.  It works non-destructively, saving your click repairs in a separate 'overlay' file and leaving the original recording alone.

Hello again,

Some updated information for you.  To get the best out of this particular card, you should:

1.  Uncheck 'Use WASAPI for recording' in VinylStudio's Check Level dialog

2.  Set Windows' shared recording format to the settings you are using in VinylStudio.  Details on how to do that here:

http://www.polderbits.com/select-recording-audio-format.html

We will investigate why the correct sample rates are not reported.

haydns

Thanks again for the feedback.
I have compared vinyl studio's declicker with Clickrepair and agree it is of comparable quality and easier to use.

My "loyalty" to Clickrepair is perhaps my way of saluting Clickrepair's clever approach of utilising wavelets and reverse processing to differentiate between clicks and music.

As to Vinyl Studio it has given me renewed vigor to archive my lps to digital format. The Needle Down and Track Splitting and Look Up features
make the process so much easier and less stressful.