News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

bug report - selection in "Albums" drop down incorrect when using filters

Started by salty, June 22, 2013, 06:07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

salty

Hi, I discovered what appears to be a bug (I'm using v8.5.3 on win7 x64)

1. Select "Cleanup Audio" tab (screenshot orig.jpg shows the album drop down)
2. Under Album->Filter Album List, apply a filter (in my case, I used 'Status: Recorded')
3. The list of albums in the drop down is filtered properly, however:
4. Select the second album in the dropdown (Jonathan Richman - La fiesta...)
5. The selection immediately jumps to a different album (Public Image Ltd. - Public Image).  (screenshot filtered.jpg)

It looks to me like what is happening is it is using the index of the item in the unfiltered list, even when the filter is applied.  Note that the Jonathan Richman album is the 5th item in the unfiltered list, and PiL is the 5th item in the filtered list).  I see the same correspondence for the other albums as well (selecting the second Jonathan Richman album [item 6 in original list] yields Roky Erickson [item 6 in filtered list], and Nick Cave -> The Garment District [item 7].  All the others end up at the end of the list.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

I can't reproduce this fault here, and checking the code, it looks correct.  Can you send me your .MCF file please so that I can investigate in more detail?  You can locate it via the Settings dialog as follows:

1.  Menu -> Options -> Settings

2.  Click on the topmost 'Explore' button

3.  In the Explorer window that opens, move to the parent folder of the folder initially selected.

4.  In that folder, locate the file named <name of your collection>.mcf

I will then see if I can reproduce the problem here.  As I say, my own collection behaves correctly.

Many thanks.

salty

Here is the MCF file.

Possibly relevant is that I manually changed the status of several albums via Album->Set Album Status To during this same invocation of the program.  The ones I changed were all changed to "Custom 1", I believe the prior status for all of them was "Tracks Saved".  (Note there is one "Tracks Saved" album which remains in that status).  I also set "Custom 1" to "Recorded on old TT" via Album->Set Custom Album Status Names...  Also, all of the "Recorded" files were recorded during this invocation.

I also just noticed that this only happens on the "Cleanup Audio" tab, on the "Record" and "Split Tracks" tabs it works as expected.

Here's a brief video clip: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8uOSUnuugSVc1k4OWlUa1pFNWs/edit?usp=sharing

OK, I can now reproduce the fault.  I will look into it, thank you.

Hello again,

I have now identified the cause of this and will fix it in the next release (V8.5.4).  In the meantime, a workaround is to go to the Split Tracks window, select the album there and then return to the Cleanup Audio window.

Thanks very much for all your help with this - much appreciated.