News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Clean up selection separately from rest

Started by Maps and Dreams, April 01, 2013, 05:05:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maps and Dreams

New user here who has slogged through digitizing with Bias Peak (now apparently defunct) for a few years. I'm new to VS so maybe I'm still thinking in terms of how to do things in other software. I'm digitizing an album where one song has a several minute spoken-word segment at the beginning, a short a cappella bridge and then launches into the instruments. I'd like to apply more aggressive declicking to the spoken word part than to the rest of the album. The vinyl sounds fairly clean so I don't want to aggressively declick the whole album using the same settings as the spoken word portion.

If I scan the spoken word portion with certain settings (selecting only that portion), how can I scan the rest of the album with other settings? Can I scan the whole album after I already scanned the spoken word portion and the software will leave alone the corrections applied to the spoken portion? Or will the settings be applied on top of/in addition to the settings for the spoken portion? Or will the second scan (the whole album) override the first scan (the spoken portion).

Thanks! I'm very excited about the ease and quality of the software.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

The easiest way to do this is to scan the entire recording with the standard settings, then select the spoken section and scan with more aggressive settings.  IN fact, not only is that the easiest way, it's the best way.

In general, the second scan will override the first, hence the recommended order of doing things.