News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Vinyl Studio hangs recording from ADL GT40 USB

Started by joebee53, February 06, 2011, 03:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shep

I've just registered after trying the trial version of VS with my GT 40 & experiencing the problems documented on this thread.
Can you please provide the beta version that addresses this problem so I can determine if I need to return the GT40?
Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

You can download it from here:

Windows: http://www.alpinesoft.co.uk/VinylStudio/VSInstall.exe
Mac: http://www.alpinesoft.co.uk/VinylStudio/VinylStudio-Installer.dmg

You can select the 'Limit playback to 44kHz / 16 bit' option in VinylStudio's Change Playback Device dialog, accessible from the Record window.  On Vista and Windows 7, select also the 'Use WASAPI for playback' option in this dialog.

Please let us know how you get on.

Edit, 18Mar13: links updated to the latest version (V8.5.0).

Shep

Thanks for the quick reply...that's pretty impressive support at 1:15 a.m.!!

I'll let you know how it goes after it's up and running.

Shep

Hey Paul,

Just wanted to report that I downloaded the linked version of VS and was able to activate the recording function with it @ AIFF 24/96. Unfortunately, that's as far as I got cuz my GT 40 has apparently failed and I'm not able to use it's USB input for play back.
Good on you for the excellent support and I hope to be using VS frequently when I'm back up and running.

OK, well, thanks for trying.  Perhaps when you get a new unit you can report back.  TTFN.

Sorry, back again, there's one thing I need to check, just to be sure this isn't a software issue.  If you uncheck 'Limit playback to 44kHz / 16 bit' does your GT 40 come back to life?  I'm pretty sure it won't but I do need to check.  Also please uncheck 'Use WASAPI for playback' so that we are testing the same conditions as the old VinylStudio (V8.3.1) would use.  Thanks.