News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Transferring Tracks to New Album

Started by Cornelius, February 14, 2013, 09:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornelius

How do I handle this?:  I'm working on a cassette tape recorded from two CD albums recorded onto separate cassette sides with a selection of tunes from different artists (of same genre) amended to each of the album sides.

How do I separate and save the amended tracks of different artist to separate albums, and save the  whole albums?

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

So the tracks from two different albums are interspersed on the tape?  One idea that might work for you is to record the tape twice, as two different albums, do the track splitting (twice, sadly) and then the use the 'Include in saved tracks' checkbox in the 'Edit Track Details' dialog to only save the tracks relevant tracks for each album (i.e. you can tell VinylStudio not to save a particular track by unchecking this box).

Clunky I know but you are in an unusual situation.

-- or --

Record the tape and then use the 'cut and splice' facility on the Cleanup Audio window to (temporarily) cut out the sections no wanted in, let's call it, Album A.  The right-click in the 'Recordings ' Imported Files' bus and choose Save a Copy -> Elsewhere.  This will give you a file containing just the desired tracks for Album A.  Now remove all the cuts and then cut out the things you don't want in Album B.  Again use Save a Copy (of the original recording) --> Elsewhere to give you a file containing just the desired tracks from Album B.

Now, create album A and import the first file you created via Save a Copy.  Repeat for Album B.  You should now be in a position to do what you want.

Again, somewhat tedious, sorry.  Best I can do.

Cornelius

The amended tunes are at the end of each cassette side.

Cornelius

Thank you for the directions. I decided to delete the extra tracks, per the "cut" instruction, for reasons of  program continuity and my taste.

Okey doke, thanks for the update.  Glad you're up and running.

Cornelius

Intuiting my way well, and trying to avoid the temptation to "gilding the lilly." My moderating principle always: "Pigs get fat -hogs get slaughtered."

Naveed123

this is very nice and wonderful post. :-[

CamKrist

Similar matter has already been discussed at yahoo answers. I can post the link if needed
I'm on Twitter and my essay