News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

How to initiate Cleanup Audio process

Started by hesson11, February 06, 2013, 11:01:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hesson11

Paul, please forgive me for being so inquisitive (or should that be stupid?!), but I've somehow been unable to find the answer to this question, despite my searching through the help section:

After you've recorded an album, split the tracks, opened the Cleanup Audio window and set all the filters you want (rumble, hum, etc.), how do you actually start the cleanup process? I guess I'm looking for a "Start Cleanup" button or something to that effect. Again, thanks so much for your great support.

-Bob
P.S. You've had trouble with my Earthlink e-mail (again, apologies), so please don't go to the trouble of sending me an e-mail. I will check back here for your response. THANKS!

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

That's OK, feel free to ask questions.

You don't actually need to do anything.  VinylStudio remembers your changes and will apply them when it saves tracks or burns CDs (and also when you play audio within VinylStudio itself).

This 'non-destructive' editing - your original recordings are not touched by this process - is very much a VinylStudio feature.  If you change your mind about something later you can just apply whatever changes you deem necessary and save your tracks / burn your CD again.

hesson11

Thanks for the quick, complete response, Paul. I really appreciate it.

-Bob

hesson11

Hi Paul,

Perhaps this will be among the last of my pestering questions: After I record the tracks, split them, clean them up, etc. and save them to iTunes, is it okay to delete the original VinylStudio files to save disc space? I understand that if I decide to change something later, as you mentioned in your earlier post, I will have lost the chance to do so.

(BTW, things are going great: I've successfully recorded three or four LPs in the last few days, and I think I even did it right! The more I use VS, the more I understand why it has won so much praise from people who know so much more about this stuff than I do! THANKS.
-Bob

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Yes, you can delete the recordings (or even the albums themselves) in VinylStudio.  The tracks copied to your iTunes library will remain there.