News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Cover Art Does Not Show On DLNA Playback

Started by Laz Baz, February 05, 2013, 02:45:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laz Baz

After recording both sides of an LP (record all sides as one file selected), I go to split tracks window, then look up track listings and when happy the tracks and cover art are as on the LP, I go to scan for track breaks. When the track breaks are same as the track listing I go to save, FLAC and save it to a previously created folder (My digitised Albums or such).
The tracks saved do not have cover arts on their IDtag. Een if i insert it to the track file and also copy one to the folder, on playback it does not show.
My DLNA device is Onkyo TX-NR609. It displays the art on all other music files ripped to FLAC.
How can I get Vinyl Studio to display the art?
Regards

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

Firstly, please ensure that 'Embed album art' is checked in the FLAC File Options dialog.  You can get to this in the Settings dialog (Windows) or Preferences dialog (Mac).  We certainly do insert the tag (it's a METADATA_BLOCK_PICTURE tag) and it shows up in Media Monkey, for example, so it's something more subtle than that.

Can you send me a file that does show the album art correctly please so that I can look for differences.  It will be too big to email so please upload it here:

http://www.alpinesoft.co.uk/VinylStudio/upload.aspx

Please let me know when you have done this so I know it is there.  Thanks.

Laz Baz

Hi Paul,
1. The link does not work. Message >>>The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:
•Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar of your browser is spelled and formatted correctly.
•If you reached this page by clicking a link, contact the Web site administrator to alert them that the link is incorrectly formatted.
•Click the Back button to try another link.

HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technical Information (for support personnel)
•Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 404.
•Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled Web Site Setup, Common Administrative Tasks, and About Custom Error Messages.<<< comes up.
2. I worked on an already digitised album. Made sure in settings that embed cover art was checked and did a track look up, found all tracks correct and cover art correct. Saved as FLAC, but on playback still does not show art.

I will upload a track (ripped from CD) as soon as soon as you make the link workable.

Regards

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Sorry, I have corrected it.  Please try again.  Could you also upload a track saved by VinylStudio please?  That will let me confirm you are using the right settings.  Thanks.