News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Recording start is delayed

Started by burnfield, February 07, 2013, 09:51:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

burnfield

Hi,
Program has started to behave differently when recording tapes. I have disabled the "wait for needle down" and recording should start immediately. Today when I select "record" the word "recording" appears in the notification bar in the extreme RHS of it then when the music starts "Recording in WAV format...." coloured in red etc appears in the LHS of the notification bar. Yesterday the red script appeared immediately I selected record.
The problem is the start of the recording is clipped because it is not actually starting when "record" is selected. The word "recording" did not appear in the RHS of the notification bar yesterday - it went immediately to the script in red.

Update to above - when I deselected "Monitor Recording" it went back to doing what it should ie recording immediately - (although the word "recording" did briefly appear as above but very quickly the red text saying "Recording etc " appeared.) I can hear what is being recorded evn though "Monitor recording" is deselected so I'm not sure what this option is all about.

I previously deselected this when I got an echo (as it suggests) but there was no echo this time. Presume this is just a quirk in the software.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

It's not a quirk we normally see, no.  I've never seen the software behave in that way and don't actually see how it can.  Something unusual is happening.  Could you send me a screenshot of VinylStudio's Record window when it just says 'Recording' please?  To take a screenshot (assuming you are on Windows):

1.  Click on the window you want to capture

2.  Press ALT + Print Screen

3.  Open the Windows Paint application (you will find it under Start Menu - All Programs - Accessories - Paint)

4.  Select 'Paste' from the Edit menu

5.  Save the file as a GIF (so that it is small enough to email)

6.  Email it to me as an attachment at p DOT sanders AT alpinesoft DOT co DOT uk

Thanks.

As for the monitoring side of things, some machines are configured to play what is being recorded without VinylStudio having to do it.  Turning 'Monitor recording' off is then the appropriate thing to do.