News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

pc slow

Started by newby, December 13, 2012, 04:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

newby

Hi, cannot see anyone  with same problem, so, since I started using windows 8 I have been having a problem with copying tapes, in that the buffer fills up and I get an error message that my pc cannot keep up.  I have 2GB of memory and 100GB free on h/drive.  Program ran on same pc with XP, never had this error before.  No other programmes running at same time.  any suggestions please, still got lots of tapes to do.  Thanks. :-\ 

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

Are you running some form of anti-virus?  If so, please try turning it off.  The programs sometimes cause this problem.

newby

Hi, thanks for reply, I am using Microsoft essentials, which is on all time.  Will try turning off and let you now if it works.  In xp I had McAfee, and adaware, both on all the time.

newby

Hi, happy new year to all members.  in an update to post, I have copied 4 tapes with anti-virus off and have had no problems.  I will take this as a good sign and close this post with many thanks. :)

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Excellent, thank you for the update.